Roasted Pasta Salad Recipe
Nothing goes better as a side dish when grilling than a delicious pasta salad. A blend of seasoned pasta, mouth watering tomatoes, a hint of thyme and a lovely texture. This recipe also offers a smooth blend of ricotta cheese and oil! The next time you hit the grill, plan this roasted pasta salad recipe. It’s pasta salad with a twist! The kids will love it!!!
- 1 pound of penne pasta
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 9 springs of fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- zest of one lemon
- Heat oven to 425º F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and cool.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle thyme on top
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and bake until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the pasta among 6 large bowls. Spoon some of the ricotta over each serving. Top with some of the tomatoes and thyme sprigs.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the lemon zest and pepper to taste just before serving.